Throughcare provides support for young people moving on from care to live independently.
The Pathways Plan
A Pathways Plan looks at the support a young person needs to live independently. It includes things like where to live, education or training, health and lifestyle, family and friends, jobs and money.
Advice and assistance
We can help with:
- finding college courses, training placements or work opportunities
- getting benefits, care leaver payments, college bursaries or grants
- finding and keeping accommodation when leaving care
- any worries or problems
- getting support from health services e.g dentists and nurses
- rights and legal issues
- hobbies and interests
- staying in contact with family and friends
Comments, suggestions, complaints & appeals
These can be made by contacting any worker that a young person feels comfortable with or by contacting Who Cares? Scotland.
If a formal complaint or an appeal about a decision needs to be made, help is available from a throughcare worker or Who Cares? Scotland.