Addiction can take many forms including:
- illegal drugs
- prescription medication
- solvents, aerosols
North Ayrshire Drug and Alcohol Recovery Services (NADARS) offers confidential support and advice to anyone affected by addiction.
Tailored support can include:
- group work programmes
- occupational therapy
- home visits
- mental health services
- naloxone training and supply
- needle exchange
- opiate replacement therapy
Accessing our services
Referrals can be made by anyone, including self-referrals.
If you or a member of your family is aged 16 or over and is affected by an addiction, contact us. You can ask your GP to refer you, or complete and return a referral form (Word,34kb).
What happens next?
- You will be seen within 3 weeks from referral.
- We will complete an assessment.
- If you meet eligibility criteria we will create a recovery care plan. Your family will be invited to be part of this process.
There may be a charge for support services. Your care manager will discuss this with you. We will always take your ability to pay into account. Our charging for services page contains more information.
Ward 5, Woodland View
Ward 5 is a residential unit, at Ayrshire Central Hospital, that provides a specialist service for residents of Ayrshire and Arran, over the age of 16, who have an alcohol and/or drug addiction and mental health issues. The ward has 5 beds for rehabilitation and 5 for detoxification, with 8 day care places available.
Ward 5 provides a flexible service based on the needs of the individual. Treatment consists of:
- a structured day programme
- a residential 4 week programme
- a 1 week detoxification programme
- mental health and wellbeing assessment
Access and referral to Ward 5 is done through NADARS.
Prevention and Service Support Team
For all addiction related training requirements email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01294 322339.