You can self refer or this can be done on your behalf by:
- relatives or carers
- health professionals
- voluntary organisations
- the court system
- social care workers
Reception Services screen referrals and act as first responders for any urgent concerns received about the welfare of vulnerable individuals.
They may decide to:
- make a home visit
- take immediate action to protect a vulnerable adult or child, such as removing them to a safe environment
- refer the person for further assessment.
We consider how critical your needs are by applying our eligibility criteria:
- Low - low risk to independence, health and wellbeing
- Moderate - risk of some impairment to the health and wellbeing of a person, or some risk to independence
- Substantial - risk of significant impairment to the health and wellbeing, or significant risk to independence
- Critical - risk of major harm/danger to a person or risk to independence
What if I’m not eligible?
Unfortunately we don't have the resources to help everyone. If you fall into the low or moderate categories, we'll advise on other forms of assistance.