We provide free school meals and £126 (per child) for primary school children and £157.50 (per child) for secondary school children worth of school footwear and clothing to children whose parents are on certain benefits.
Can I get help with these costs?
We may be able to help you with these school costs if your child attends primary or secondary school and you receive 1 of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit only (with income under £18,725)
- Both Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit (with an income up to £8,717)
- Universal Credit where the monthly earned income does not exceed £726
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Families will be eligible for a Clothing Grant only if in receipt of one of the following:
- Working Tax Credit and/or Child Tax Credit with an annual income of £18,725 or less
- Universal Credit with monthly earned income of not more than £1,571
- Council Tax Reduction/Housing Benefit
We have launched MyNAC, which is our new customer account. This uses the national MyAccount to create your account and to sign in. You can use this account to automatically fill in your details on forms, view your history of service requests and view the status on current requests.
You will need to create a MyNAC account to submit your Free School Meal and Clothing Grant application. To create a MyNAC account you need to have a MyAccount. If you already have a MyAccount that you created to access another service like National Entitlement Card you can sign in with that and then opt into the MyNAC account.
If you do not have a MyAccount you can select ‘Create an account’ when you select “Apply for Free School Meals and Clothing Grant” or on the MyNAC sign in page. To create a MyAccount you need to provide your name, gender, date of birth, email address and home address. You can also optionally provide your telephone number. These details are then passed to the Council when you consent to create your MyNAC account.
Apply for Free School Meals and Clothing Grant