North Ayrshire Council has developed a Town Centre Parking Strategy 2014 - 20 (PDF, 1.5mb) to ensure a consistent and coherent approach to parking that:
- enhances and supports local economies
- improves traffic flows and reduces congestion
- manages parking spaces to ensure adequate availability and the prioritisation of prime spaces
- reduces carbon emissions and improves air quality
- promotes alternative modes of travel
The strategy is regularly reviewed to ensure key aims and objectives are achieved. It compiles detailed research and information in 3 key areas:
- Key Drivers – a review of issues that influence parking management
- Consultation and Local Studies – views of residents and businesses, key issues and analysis of car-parks usage in town centres
- Actions for Delivery – recommended actions for implementation.
The strategy considers parking within the following town centres. It doesn't consider parking within residential areas.
- West Kilbride