North Ayrshire Council's job is to ensure our area is a great place to work, live, visit and invest in.
By working with our partners, we deliver local services ranging from education, social care and housing, to libraries, refuse collection and benefits.
The Council employs over 6,500 staff. Its most senior official is the Chief Executive, Craig Hatton.
Craig, along with the Executive Leadership Team, oversees the delivery of all of our services.
The current Chief Officer and Directorate Structure (PDF, 3.67mb) includes the following core services:
- Chief Executive’s
- Communities and Education
- Health and Social Care Partnership
- Growth and Investment
- Chief Executive’s Service includes Head of Service (Democratic), Head of Service (Finance), Head of Service (People & ICT) and Head of Service (Recovery and Renewal) who directly report to the Council’s Chief Executive.
- Executive Director – Communities & Education supported by two Heads of Service (Education) and one Head of Service (Connected Communities)
- Executive Director - Place supported by Head of Service (Commercial), Head of Service (Physical Environment) and Head of Service (Economic Development & Regeneration)
- Director - Health & Social Care Partnership supported by Head of Service (Children, Families & Justice), Head of Service (Health & Community Care), Head of Service (Mental Health), Head of Service (HSCP Finance & Transformation)
- Director - Growth & Investment