North Ayrshire Council's job is to ensure our area is a great place to work, live, visit and invest in.
By working with our partners, we deliver local services ranging from education, social care and housing, to libraries, refuse collection and benefits.
The Council employs over 6,500 staff. Its most senior official is the Chief Executive, Craig Hatton.
Craig, along with the Executive Leadership Team, oversees the delivery of all of our services.
A new Chief Officer and Directorate Structure has been approved as the Council continues to transform and streamline its services.
The changes which are now underway will take effect in two phases.
Phase one (PDF, 1.3mb) of the restructure sees the Council divided into three core services.
Along with the existing Finance & Corporate Support, two new Council directorates will form reflecting our two strategic themes of Communities and Place.
Communities comprises our all services delivered under Education and Youth Employment alongside those services currently delivered by Connected Communities.
Place will comprise all services currently delivered by Place alongside Economic Development and Regeneration.
In addition, to ensure the success of the recently approved Ayrshire Growth Deal, a dedicated position of Director of Growth and Investment has been created.
Whilst unaffected by these changes, the Health and Social Care Partnership are:
- recruiting for a Head of Service (Children, Families and Justice)
- giving consideration to the nature of the other vacant position, Head of Service (Health and Community Care)
Each core service is led by an Executive Director who is supported by Heads of Services:
- Executive Director - Communities (vacant) supported by two Heads of Service (Education) and one Head of Service (Connected Communities)
- Executive Director - Place (vacant) supported by Head of Service (Commercial), Head of Service (Physical Environment) and Head of Service (Economic Development & Regeneration)
- Executive Director - Finance & Corporate Support supported by Head of Service (Finance & Customer Service) and Head of Service (People & Transformation)
- Director - Health & Social Care Partnership supported by Head of Service (Children, Families & Justice), Head of Service (Health & Community Care), Head of Service (Mental Health), Head of Service (Finance & Transformation)
- Director - Growth & Investment
The restructure will be completed in 2020/21, when the number of directorates and Executive Directors will reduce from four to two. One Head of Service post will be removed.