We are offering one lucky household the chance to win a year’s free Council Tax.
How to enter
Register by 31 March 2019 for an online account and choose the "electronic billing" option to receive your Council Tax bill electronically.
Don’t have an online account?
If you do not already have an online account, you will need to have your Council Tax reference number.
This can be found on your last annual bill.
Don't have your Council Tax reference number?
You can request your Council Tax reference number by calling us on 01294 310000. You can also ask the advisor to sign you up at this point.
- you will need to be verified first before this information can be given to you for data protection purposes
- you will also need to provide your last payment method
These methods are listed below:
- benefit deductions – this is when your Council Tax is paid through Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) or Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Direct Debit – Direct Debits are set up with North Ayrshire Council either over the phone, in person or online. They allow us to take your monthly instalments from your bank. You will have received a Direct Debit guarantee when setting this up. This is different from a standing order
- internet payments
- payments at local offices – this includes over the counter cash payments and payments at a kiosk within a local office or one of our Customer Service Centres
- PayPoint/Post Office payments
- salary deductions - NAC staff only
- sheriff officer – this is any payments made to the sheriff officer, including direct debit payments made to them and salary deductions
- standing order – standing orders are set up by you with your bank directly to pay North Ayrshire Council your monthly instalments. This is different from a Direct Debit
- telephone payments
We will ask for your email address as this helps us to verify you. We will also use this to communicate with you about your online account.
If all the information you have provided us with can be verified, your account will be set up instantly.
If you wish to receive your Council Tax bill online, please ensure you tick the box giving permission to receive an e-bill. Not only is it a faster, more efficient way of receiving and storing your bills, you will also be entered into a free draw to win a year’s free Council Tax.
If your information cannot be verified e.g the information you provided us does not match what we have on our system, we will send you an email informing you of this.
Already registered for an online account?
If you already have an online account but have not yet signed up for Council Tax e-billing:
- sign in
- edit your profile in the Services and Information section of your account
- choose paperless billing
Why are we doing this?
As part of our Digital Strategy we are encouraging our customers to access council services online.
- available online whenever you need them
- quicker than a paper bill
- better for the environment
- easier to store – no more paperwork to file away
The winning household will be selected on 3 April 2019.
Thanks and good luck!