Please see our latest letters to parents and carers:
All schools and early learning and childcare centres will reopen for all children and young people from Wednesday 12 August.
There may be some phasing of the return to school over the first two days of term, depending on each establishment’s individual:
All pupils will be back in school full time by Friday 14 August.
All of the staff in North Ayrshire Education Service look forward to seeing the children and young people again and welcoming them back. We have missed them.
In light of the guidance published by Scottish Government, we are finalising our plans for a full reopening of all establishments in August.
Keeping you informed
The following further information is being issued to those concerned and/or available online:
Friday 31 July:
- a letter for parents and carers of early years children giving further details about our delivery model from August
By Monday 3 August:
- a letter for all parents and carers from the Heads of Service confirming general arrangements which apply to all schools and centres
- videos with key information about the return to schools and early years centres will be available on our website and social media channels.
During the week of Monday 3 August:
- a letter from your child’s school or early years centre giving you specific information relating to each establishment, including details the new term, any adjustments to timings of the day and specific arrangements for safety
- specific information about transport arrangements from us, once our partner transport providers confirm final arrangements for the enhanced measures they are putting in place. For children in our ASN provision who are transported in taxis/minibuses, we will work in partnership with you and our transport providers to agree bespoke arrangements
- key information for children and young people returning to school
We realise you have been waiting for this information for some time. Since the decision was taken by the Scottish Government, we have acted as swiftly as possible to finalise and implement the plans we have been developing over the last few weeks and months to get your children back to school, early learning and childcare as soon as possible and as safely as possible.
The director and heads of service will meet with chairpersons of the parent councils on Monday 3 August to discuss reopening.
Health and safety is a priority for us.
Ahead of returning to school we’ve prepared a short leaflet on the health, safety and wellbeing measures (PDF, 1.8mb) that will be in place
Each school is undertaking a review of its risk assessment based on the new guidance. COVID-19 has not gone away and it is essential that we work in partnership to ensure we continue to protect public health and suppress the virus.
There will be a range of additional measures in place in our schools and centres to ensure enhanced personal hygiene and rigorous cleaning regimes will be in operation across all establishments.