To protect yourself and others from Coronavirus (COVID-19), it’s best to:
- always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze
- bin used tissues immediately
- wash your hands with soap and warm water
- if hand washing is not possible, use an alcohol based hand sanitiser gel
NHS Inform have produced a British Sign Language video, explaining:
- steps you can take to help avoid infection from coronavirus (COVID-19)
- self-isolation advice
What we're doing
We have introduced measures to:
- protect our most vulnerable
- ensure we can continue to provide core services
Social distancing and restrictions on Council visits has been introduced as part of our response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Working from home has been introduced for our employees in office based jobs.
We would encourage you to contact us via phone or email wherever possible in the days and weeks ahead. This will reduce the risk of transmitting the virus.
In terms of official Council committee business, we are postponing all committee meetings in the short term.
To monitor and respond to the national situation, we are working closely with:
- North Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership
- NHS Ayrshire & Arran
- Health Protection Scotland
Colleagues from across our service areas meet on a daily basis to identify and discuss the issues. We are also working to put plans in place to manage the situation as it develops, following official advice and guidance.
Different services and government agencies are responsible for leading different parts of the response:
- Scottish Government, Department for Health and Social Care - the Chief Medical Officer confirms case numbers
- Health Protection Scotland - co-ordinates the response, information and advice on the Coronavirus (Covid-19)
- the NHS - local and national NHS services are working to test individuals, and provide advice through calls to NHS 111
- the Council - works in partnership with these agencies to help you stay informed, safe and well
British Sign Language guidance
The Scottish Government has created a video for Phase 3 to show the five key asks (F-A-C-T-S) they want you to remember:
Watch the following videos for guidance on various council services:
Bins and Recycling
Sensory Impairment Team
Test and Protect service
The Test and Protect national mailing has been delivered to every home across Scotland.
The NHS Scotland Test and Protect service has been introduced to control the spread of coronavirus as lockdown measures are eased. We are working with partners and stakeholders to get this vital message out to everyone across our communities.
This mailer is a key communication tool for Test and Protect, and provides every household with detailed information they need to understand the process and to undertake the steps which may be required if they need to isolate. This includes:
- a letter from the First Minister
- an infographic explaining the Test and Protect Process
- the Test and Protect information leaflet
The Test and Protect mailing has been translated into the following languages and accessible formats:
- Audio MP3
- Easy Read
- Large Print Format
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
The Scottish Government have made digital versions of the leaflet in these languages and formats available.
We have created a Test and Protect Process Video including audio and subtitles explaining the 9-step process:
Our partners at Minority Ethnic Carers of People (MECOPP) have also produced a voiced over version of the Test & Protect Process Video in Cantonese:
There is also sensory impairment support (PDF, 61kb) available.
It is important to be vigilant at this time and be aware of scam callers.
We want you to have confidence when you contact us or when we contact you.
Read our guide on calls from North Ayrshire Council, which explains:
- when we might call you
- what we would and wouldn’t ask
Please follow the latest guidance and advice from the following organisations: