The North Ayrshire Violence Against Women Partnership brings together partners that have a role in tackling gender based violence and supporting those who are affected.
The partnership representatives comprises of a wide range of public and independent organisations including:
- North Ayrshire Women’s Aid
- Police Scotland (including Locality Policing & the Domestic, Abuse Unit)
- North Ayrshire Council (including Housing Services, Equalities, Social Services, HR, Education, Communications, Home Security Project, Adult Support & Protection, Child Protection, Economy & Communities, Welfare Reform)
- Community Justice Ayrshire
- Justice Services including the Caledonian System
- North Ayrshire Community Planning Partnership
- Break the Silence
- Fire & Rescue
The key objectives of the partnership are to:
- raise awareness of the VAWP, the partners involved and their work
- raise awareness of the issues around violence against women and girls
- empower our local communities to challenge abusive and violent behaviour
- provide information on the available support services available
- encourage support of the key VAWP campaign – White Ribbon 16 Days of Action
Advice and information
For further information and advice, including where victims can go for support in North Ayrshire visit our Health and Social Care Partnership website.
White Ribbon Scotland campaign
North Ayrshire is an affiliated White Ribbon Local Authority Area. White Ribbon Scotland is a campaign to involve men in tackling violence against women.
It is a joint initiative by a coalition of organisations, individuals and groups of men around Scotland.
Visit the White Ribbon Scotland website