Royal Haskoning DHV has been appointed to outline and design the Millport Coastal Flood Protection Scheme.
The aim is to collect data and information to design the scheme and to review and understand any risks. This will help optimise the scheme layout and overarching design criteria.
The outline design stage has started. It is progressing as follows:
- Surveys of ground levels and sea bed levels completed.
- We are obtaining details of the underground utilities.
- Ground conditions assessment throughout Millport completed. Prepare scope of work for ground investigation.
- Review of environmental issues nearing completion.
- Seek comments and recommendation from environmental organisations.
- Numerical models to be set up to determine wave conditions in Millport Bay. Use models to design scheme.
- Considerations are ongoing regarding potential opportunities for the regeneration of the Millport Pier as part of the flood protection scheme.
- Public consultation 2016 and 2017
- Ground Investigation (PDF, 446kb) began 16 January 2017
Email your views on the Millport Coastal Flood Protection Scheme to MillportCoastalFPS@north-ayrshire.gov.uk.