Do I have to do anything?
No, except that we will need to know:
- the bank account and Sort Code that you want the payment to go to. Send us a Bank statement dated within the last 3 months. It must be in your name, or that of the business.
- your National Insurance number
- you are a licensed taxi or private hire Driver who previously received support through the 'Taxi Driver and Private Hire Vehicle Driver Support Fund', and
- you hold a current Council Driver Licence (as at 3 June 2021)
you can get an additional payment of £1,500.
If you are a Driver with a current licence and are seeking the extra £1,500 grant, you do not need to do anything, as the grant will be paid automatically to you.
What can I get?
Payments to eligible licensed drivers will be at a flat rate of £1,500. If a driver is eligible and claims both payments, they will have received a total of £3,000.
Who is eligible?
Your claim to the second grant depends on you getting the first grant.
A taxi or private hire Driver could get the previous 'Taxi and Private Hire Driver Support Fund' grants if they:
- held a valid Council Licence for the period 9 October 2020 to at least 31 January 2021
- were or had been working or available for work as a taxi or private hire driver
- had experienced loss of income (50% of turnover, compared with 2019) and incurred overhead costs and expenses
To qualify for a one-off grant of £1,500 under the second scheme (the 'Taxi and Private Hire Driver and Operator Support Fund 2021-22'):
- you must have previously received a grant from the first fund (the 'Taxi and Private Hire Driver Support Fund') earlier in 2021
- your Council Licence must remain current and valid as at 3 June 2021
- you must meet the 'Other eligibility criteria' (these apply to both Drivers and Operators): you must give us documentation to substantiate each:
- you must not have breached wider COVID regulations/requirements
- you must not have connections to tax havens
- you may be required to declare all previous support received from UK or Scottish or Local Government support schemes to provide local authorities with the necessary information to ensure payments are made correctly and compliant with EC State Aid limits/UK Government subsidy control policies
When will I get the grant?
Local councils began processing payments towards the end of week commencing 7 June 2021, or earlier if possible. Payments will be made into a business bank account, where possible, and personal accounts.