Non-domestic rates (or business rates) are payable on the 7th of every month between May and February, or in 2 instalments (at the end of June and December).
How to pay
By Direct Debit
We collect monthly or twice yearly instalments.
To set up a Direct Debit, complete and return a Direct Debit form (Word, 383kb).
Pay non-domestic rates
Please note: due to essential maintenance no payments can be made on Sunday 12 September between 3.30pm and 5.30pm.
You'll need your non-domestic rates reference number. We accept:
- Visa Delta
- Visa Electron
Call our automated payment service on 0300 456 0639. Please have your non-domestic rates reference number and your debit or credit card details ready.
You can pay by debit or credit card by calling our Business Rates Team.
Complete the Bank Giro Credit form attached to your rates notice. Pass it directly to your bank. Make sure the bank quotes the business rates reference number printed on your bill. Payments should be credited to:
Bank: Clydesdale Bank, 151 High Street, Irvine KA12 8AB
Sort Code: 82-65-22
Account Name: North Ayrshire Council, Cunninghame House, Irvine
Account No.: 80443671
- payments can no longer be made at Cunninghame House, Irvine.
- we no longer accept cheques at Bridgegate House in Irvine and Saltcoats Town Hall.
Pay by cash or cheque at any of our other offices, or at a bank or Post Office. The complete rates notice should be presented with your payment. Cheques payable to 'North Ayrshire Council'.
- cheques/postal orders made payable to 'North Ayrshire Council' and crossed 'A/C Payee Only'
- write your business rate reference number on the back of the cheque/postal order
- send the bank giro credit slip with your payment
- if you need a receipt, send in the complete rates notice.
North Ayrshire Council
3rd floor (west)
Irvine KA12 8EE