The Ardrossan Low Carbon Hub project has secured funding from Transport Scotland's Low Carbon Travel and Transport Challenge Fund and the European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020 programme to create two Low Carbon Hubs in Ardrossan.
The main hub will be located at Ardrossan Harbour with a satellite Hub at North Shore.
Each hub will include:
- Electric vehicle and ebike charge points
- Cycle parking and bike maintenance facilities
- Active travel and public transport information and signage
- Resting points to encourage users to stop and spend time in the area.
The project will also create 1.3km shared use path works which will connect the two sites to the town centre, constructing missing links and creating a more cohesive town network.
The project supports the strategic aims of the LCTT programme which are:
- Increase the number of journeys made by public transport, active travel and low carbon vehicles
- Support Active Travel Hubs (facilities and routes to support cycling, walking and public transport use as an alternative to the car)
- Provide low carbon transport hubs and reliable low carbon refuelling services at strategic sites
Timescales and future Activities
The design and construction phase of the project is due to be completed by September 2022.
Going forward the Low Carbon Hub Project will deliver a range of activities to support active travel and sign post users to existing services. This will include:
- active travel information
- public transport information
- travel planning activities
- training opportunities
- volunteering opportunities
- events including led rides
It will also signpost users to local facilities including: bike shops, bike repair services and the local bike recycling projects
Is you wish to discuss the Ardrossan Low Carbon Hub project in more detail please contact email@example.com
More information on the LCTT Challenge Fund is available on Energy Saving Trust’s website or contact LCTT@est.org.uk Telephone: 0131 555 8691