If pre-employment checks are successful the council will email a formal offer of employment. The offer will provide links to a contract and 'New Start Employee Forms'.
You must read, complete and sign the relevant documents:
- Emergency contact details form (PDF, 16kb)
- Employee bank details form (PDF, 83kb)
- Previous continuous service dates form (PDF, 15kb)
- Pension nomination form - Teachers pension fund (PDF, 211kb)
- Pension nomination form - Strathclyde Pension Fund
Before you accept our offer of employment
The following documents must be reviewed before you accept our formal offer of employment:
- Code of conduct (PDF, 124kb)
- Disciplinary rules (PDF, 312kb)
- Disciplinary Policy and Procedure (PDF, 442kb)
- SSSC codes of practice - Social Services employees only (PDF, 143kb)
- Introduction to the Local Government pension scheme - LGPS (PDF, 204kb)
- Health and safety information (PDF, 85kb)
- GTCS Code of Professionalism and Conduct (PDF, 917kb)
- Terms and Conditions of Employment - Local Government Employees (PDF, 853kb)
What to expect working at North Ayrshire Council
You can find out about our elected members, structure, plans and performance in the Council area of our website.
We have information for you if you're new to the area.
Employees can look forward to work related benefits including:
We offer generous annual leave in addition to the 8 public holidays per year. Annual holiday allowance is calculated according to length of service.
Most staff have a basic annual leave entitlement of 20 days, plus 12 Public Holidays, per year (pro rata for part-time staff). This rises after 5 years continuous service. Holiday entitlement may differ slightly for different groups such as teachers.
Most of our full time staff work 35 hours per week. A flexible working scheme is in operation in some parts of the organisation.
Eligible employees can arrange their working times based on workload, patterns of work within their service, and other commitments, whilst providing the most efficient service possible. Find out more on our Work Life Balance, Flexible Working and Agile Working page.
North Ayrshire Council employees can access childcare vouchers. These vouchers can help you find quality childcare to suit the needs of your family. No tax or NI is paid on the vouchers so you'll make savings on childcare costs.
We recognise the need for employees to continually learn, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge to meet the demands of their posts.
Employees face challenges arising from:
- government legislation
- organisational changes
- performance management
- changing technology
- the evolving expectations of service users.
We provide learning opportunities to help support and enhance employee skills, knowledge, behaviours and/or qualifications, depending on the role. Courses include:
- Leadership Development
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Policy courses
You may wish to read the following before you start work with us:
- Achieving Equality - An employee guide (PDF, 96kb)
- Work Life Balance Policy & Procedure (PDF, 179kb)
- Work Life Balance - Options (PDF, 169kb)
We look forward to working with you, to make North Ayrshire, the place to be.