Call North Ayrshire Council on 01294 310000

North Ayrshire Council

You are here:

Home > Bins, litter and recycling > Bulky household waste collection

Arrange collection of large or bulky household waste

Can your items be re-used?

By partnering with Cunninghame Furniture Recycling Company (CFRC) our aim is to:

  • reduce the number of re-usable household items going to landfill 
  • increase the re-use of these items within the community

CFRC may collect items FREE of charge if they could be re-used and are free of:

  • stains
  • marks
  • rips
  • scratches

Electrical items should be in good, working condition. 
Sofas and soft furnishings must have fire labels for Health & Safety reasons.

CFRC may need entry to your home to collect.

Book an uplift

Book an uplift online or telephone 01294 310000.


For up to 5 items - £13.50 (including VAT), extra items £2.70 each (including VAT). 

The crew will not uplift items that are not on their order.

Where do I put my items?

Put out items by 7am on the day of collection:

  • to the front of the property
  • without blocking the pavement

The crew won't return for missing items or collect anything in a hazardous condition.

Staff are not required to enter residents' homes to collect items as the material collected is destined for landfill.

We will collect

  • furniture
  • carpets, rugs, lino
  • bags (you must tell us what is in the bags)
  • electrical goods/white goods
  • packaging and boxes
  • keep fit equipment
  • bath screens
  • garden tools and lawnmowers
  • toys (bike, trampoline, swing, climbing frame)

We won't collect

  • builders waste, garden waste, domestic waste
  • fixtures and fittings (doors, skirting and windows etc)
  • house clearances
  • engine oil, car batteries, car parts
  • liquids, hazardous waste, gas cylinders
  • wood, laminate flooring, fencing
  • huts
  • pianos

Prepare fridges and freezers for collection

  • fridges and freezers must be empty, or we won't collect them. (You'll be responsible for arranging and paying for another collection)
  • you are responsible for taping shut the doors (to stop access by children or animals).

Paint tins

Call 01294 310000 to arrange for a collection.

Collection days

We have different lorries and collection days for general waste and recyclable items. If items for uplift are a mixture of general and recyclable waste, we may collect them on different days. You'll see available collection dates when you book.

Change or cancel a collection

Change or cancel a collection up to 3pm on the working day before due collection date. Telephone 01294 310000.

Private contractors carrying out work

Private letting owners and letting agents operate commercially. They have a duty of care to dispose of waste materials left at the premises.

Contractor's waste cannot be collected as part of a household bulky waste collection. Before a contractor carries out works at your home you should check if they have a waste carrier's license. The contractor is responsible for removing any waste created.

Contact Us

Contact Physical Environment and Commercial Services

EFQM logoSOCITM BC 4 star 2015