Can your items be re-used?
By partnering with Cunninghame Furniture Recycling Company (CFRC) our aim is to:
- reduce the number of re-usable household items going to landfill
- increase the re-use of these items within the community
CFRC may collect items FREE of charge if they could be re-used and are free of:
Electrical items should be in good, working condition.
Sofas and soft furnishings must have fire labels for Health & Safety reasons.
CFRC may need entry to your home to collect.
Book an uplift
Book an uplift online or telephone 01294 310000.
For up to 5 items - £13.50 (including VAT), extra items £2.70 each (including VAT).
The crew will not uplift items that are not on their order.
Where do I put my items?
Put out items by 7am on the day of collection:
- to the front of the property
- without blocking the pavement
The crew won't return for missing items or collect anything in a hazardous condition.
Staff are not required to enter residents' homes to collect items as the material collected is destined for landfill.
We will collect
- carpets, rugs, lino
- bags (you must tell us what is in the bags)
- electrical goods/white goods
- packaging and boxes
- keep fit equipment
- bath screens
- garden tools and lawnmowers
- toys (bike, trampoline, swing, climbing frame)
We won't collect
- builders waste, garden waste, domestic waste
- fixtures and fittings (doors, skirting and windows etc)
- house clearances
- engine oil, car batteries, car parts
- liquids, hazardous waste, gas cylinders
- wood, laminate flooring, fencing
Prepare fridges and freezers for collection
- fridges and freezers must be empty, or we won't collect them. (You'll be responsible for arranging and paying for another collection)
- you are responsible for taping shut the doors (to stop access by children or animals).
Call 01294 310000 to arrange for a collection.
We have different lorries and collection days for general waste and recyclable items. If items for uplift are a mixture of general and recyclable waste, we may collect them on different days. You'll see available collection dates when you book.
Change or cancel a collection
Change or cancel a collection up to 3pm on the working day before due collection date. Telephone 01294 310000.
Private contractors carrying out work
Private letting owners and letting agents operate commercially. They have a duty of care to dispose of waste materials left at the premises.
Contractor's waste cannot be collected as part of a household bulky waste collection. Before a contractor carries out works at your home you should check if they have a waste carrier's license. The contractor is responsible for removing any waste created.