North Ayrshire Council's Local Housing Strategy 2017-22 (PDF, 2.4mb) details how the council and its partners will tackle challenges and issues within the local housing system, during the lifetime of the strategy.
The draft stage of this strategy is open for consultation from 22 February to 18 April 2017.
Any comment or feedback is welcomed by email to email@example.com
The strategy was developed through a process of research and consultation. Local housing challenges and issues were identified as a result of the findings from the 'Housing Need and Demand Assessment' and 8 'Local Housing Strategy' research papers:
The strategy is 'outcome focused' and over its 5 year lifetime partners will work together to ensure the following objectives are met:
- the supply and quality of housing better meets needs and aspirations
- homeless is prevented and households supported to achieve sustainable outcomes
- housing support measures promote independent living
- housing is sustainable and contributes to stable communities
- high quality housing information and advice is easy to access
- the strategic process is open, transparent and accountable.
Strategic Housing Investment Plan (SHIP)
The Strategic Housing Investment Plan 2017 - 22 (PDF, 557kb) has been approved by the Executive of North Ayrshire Council.
The Plan sets out the affordable housing investment priorities within North Ayrshire, over a 5 year period, to help achieve the strategic outcomes identified in the Local Housing Strategy 2017 – 22.
The Strategic Housing Investment Plan is reviewed on an annual basis.