North Ayrshire Licensing Board is the statutory licensing authority responsible for all Alcohol and Betting Licences in North Ayrshire. The Board is constituted under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 and Gambling Act 2005.
North Ayrshire Council elects Councillors to be Members of the Board. The Chairman of the Licensing Board is Councillor Ronnie McNicol. The Clerk to the Licensing Board is the Council's Senior Legal Services Manager, Christine Andrew.
For information on the range of information published by North Ayrshire Licensing Board, please read the North Ayrshire Licensing Board Guide to Information (Word, 75kb).
Licensing Board Dates
2015 Licensing Board Schedule
|Board date||Last day for Applications|
|19 January 2015
||8 December 2014
|2 March 2015
||23 January 2015
|18 May 2015
||10 April 2015
|22 June 2015
||15 May 2015
|14 September 2015
||7 August 2015
|9 November 2015
||2 October 2015
View the Licensing Board meeting schedule, minutes and related documents.
Licensing Policy Statement
Every 3 years North Ayrshire Licensing Board must adopt and publish a Licensing Policy Statement, setting out their policy for the exercise of their functions under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005.
At its meeting on 19 November 2013 the Board adopted the Licensing Policy Statement 2013-16 (Word, 328kb).
The following documents are also relevant:
Read our Statement of Principles (Word, 74kb) here under Gambling Act 2005, Section 349. The Board is the Licensing Authority for the purposes of the Act and is required to adopt and publish a Statement of Principles, reflecting its views on the policies which should be taken into account in exercising any function under the Act.
Within our Licensing Policy Statement under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 includes a statement regarding the extent to which we consider there to an excessive number of licensed premises, or licensed premises of a particular type, in any single part of North Ayrshire. The Board may refuse a licence due to an overprovision of licensed premises in any one area. Legally, overprovision is not an issue under the Gambling Act 2005.
You can read the North Ayrshire Licensing Board’s Overprovision Assessments here:
When premises are granted a new licence, these are subject to a set of conditions. These Standard Conditions are reviewed by the council from time to time. On each occasion, a new edition of the Conditions is published.
Your premises are only controlled by the set of Conditions it was given at the time the licence was granted. So, only 1 edition of the Standard Conditions ever applies to particular premises licence. Your licence is not affected if the Board publishes a new edition. For this reason, we maintain several copies of our Standard Conditions:
Please note it’s possible the Licensing Board may later want to apply the newest edition to older Licences - this might happen if:
- during Review procedure - the Board might uphold a complaint against the Premises and decide to vary some of the Licence Conditions, either tightening them or loosening them
- during Variation proceedings (where the licence holder asks the Board to change some part of the licence, eg the licensed hours) the Board may decide to update the particular Premises’ conditions to the newest edition
In either case the individual Licence Holder can make representations to the Board.
Signs and Notices
The following are mandatory signs and notices under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005. If you are in any doubt which signs you are required to display, in relation to your Licence then please contact the Licensing Office.
- Section 110 Notice (Word, 24kb)
- Challenge 25 (PDF, 234kb)
- Challenge 25 Staff Declaration (PDF, 22kb)
- Agent Sales Warning (PDF, 212kb)
- Alcohol Related Advice (Word 24kb)
- Local Neighbourhood (Word 24kb)
- No Drinking in Public Places (PDF, 124kb)
- No Entry under 18s (Word 24kb)
- Offsale on sale (Word, 24kb)
- Outdoor Drinking Area (Word, 24kb)
- Premises Manager Authorisation Notice (Word 24kb)
- Refusals List (Word, 72kb)
- Staff Training Record (PDF, 112kb)
- Toilet and Capacity checks (PDF, 492kb)