North Ayrshire Licensing Board is the statutory licensing authority responsible for all Alcohol and Betting Licences in North Ayrshire. The Board is constituted under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 and Gambling Act 2005.
North Ayrshire Council elects Councillors to be Members of the Board. The Convenor of the Licensing Board is Councillor Ronnie McNicol. The Clerk to the Licensing Board is the council's Senior Legal Services Manager, Christine Andrew.
Please read the North Ayrshire Licensing Board Guide to Information (Word, 75kb).
View the current list of Premises, Premises Licence Holders and Premises Managers in North Ayrshire (Excel, 100kb) as of 22 December 2016.
Licensing Board Dates
Licensing Board Schedule
|Board date||Last day for Applications|
|20 February 2017
||13 January 2017
|20 March 2017
||3 February 2017
View the Licensing Board meeting schedule, minutes and related documents.
Licensing Policy Statement
Every 3 years North Ayrshire Licensing Board must adopt and publish a Licensing Policy Statement, setting out their policy for the exercise of their functions under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005.
Licensing Policy Statement 2013-18 (Word, 327kb).
The following documents are relevant:
Our Licensing Policy Statement includes a statement regarding the extent to which we consider there to be an excessive number of licensed premises, or licensed premises of a particular type, in any single part of North Ayrshire. The Board may refuse a licence due to an overprovision of licensed premises in any one area.
Read the North Ayrshire Licensing Board's Overprovision Assessments:
When premises are granted a new licence, these are subject to a set of conditions. These Standard Conditions are reviewed by the council from time to time. On each occasion, a new edition of the Conditions is published.
Your premises are only controlled by the set of Conditions it was given at the time the licence was granted. Your licence is not affected if the Board publishes a new edition. We therefore maintain several copies of our Standard Conditions:
Please note: the Licensing Board may apply the newest edition to older Licences - this might happen if:
- during Review procedure - the Board might uphold a complaint against the Premises and decide to vary some of the Licence Conditions
- during Variation proceedings (where the licence holder asks the Board to change part of the licence) the Board may decide to update the particular Premises' conditions to the newest edition
In either case the individual Licence Holder can make representations to the Board.
Signs and Notices
The following are mandatory signs and notices under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005. If you are in any doubt which signs you are required to display, in relation to your Licence then please contact the Licensing Office.
- Section 110 Notice (Word, 24kb)
- Challenge 25 (PDF, 234kb)
- Challenge 25 Staff Declaration (PDF, 22kb)
- Agent Sales Warning (PDF, 128kb)
- Alcohol Related Advice (Word 24kb)
- Local Neighbourhood (Word 24kb)
- No Drinking in Public Places (PDF, 59kb)
- No Entry under 18s (Word, 24kb)
- Offsale on sale (Word, 24kb)
- Outdoor Drinking Area (Word, 24kb)
- Premises Manager Authorisation Notice (Word 24kb)
- Refusals List (Word, 72kb)
- Staff Training Record (PDF, 68kb)
- Toilet and Capacity checks (PDF, 492kb)
Premises Licence review application
How to make a Complaint/Premises Licence review application (Word, 22kb) to the Licensing Board, under Section 36 of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005.