North Ayrshire Licensing Board is the statutory licensing authority responsible for all Alcohol and Betting Licences in North Ayrshire. The Board is constituted under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 and Gambling Act 2005.
North Ayrshire Council elects Councillors to be Members of the Board. The Chairman of the Licensing Board is Councillor Ian Clarkson. The Clerk to the Licensing Board is the council's Senior Legal Services Manager, Christine Andrew.
Please read the North Ayrshire Licensing Board Guide to Information (Word, 75kb).
View the current list of Premises, Premises Licence Holders and Premises Managers in North Ayrshire (Excel, 95kb) as of 15 July 2016.
Licensing Board Dates
Licensing Board Schedule
|Board date||Last day for Applications|
|5 September 2016
||8 July 2016
|31 October 2016
||23 September 2016
|12 December 2016
||4 November 2016
View the Licensing Board meeting schedule, minutes and related documents.
Licensing Policy Statement
Every 3 years North Ayrshire Licensing Board must adopt and publish a Licensing Policy Statement, setting out their policy for the exercise of their functions under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005.
At its meeting on 19 November 2013 the Board adopted the Licensing Policy Statement 2013-18 (Word, 327kb).
The following documents are relevant:
Our Licensing Policy Statement (under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005) includes a statement regarding the extent to which we consider there to be an excessive number of licensed premises, or licensed premises of a particular type, in any single part of North Ayrshire. The Board may refuse a licence due to an overprovision of licensed premises in any one area. Legally, overprovision is not an issue under the Gambling Act 2005.
Read the North Ayrshire Licensing Board's Overprovision Assessments:
When premises are granted a new licence, these are subject to a set of conditions. These Standard Conditions are reviewed by the council from time to time. On each occasion, a new edition of the Conditions is published.
Your premises are only controlled by the set of Conditions it was given at the time the licence was granted. Your licence is not affected if the Board publishes a new edition. We therefore maintain several copies of our Standard Conditions:
Please note: the Licensing Board may apply the newest edition to older Licences - this might happen if:
- during Review procedure - the Board might uphold a complaint against the Premises and decide to vary some of the Licence Conditions
- during Variation proceedings (where the licence holder asks the Board to change part of the licence) the Board may decide to update the particular Premises' conditions to the newest edition
In either case the individual Licence Holder can make representations to the Board.
Signs and Notices
The following are mandatory signs and notices under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005. If you are in any doubt which signs you are required to display, in relation to your Licence then please contact the Licensing Office.
- Section 110 Notice (Word, 24kb)
- Challenge 25 (PDF, 234kb)
- Challenge 25 Staff Declaration (PDF, 22kb)
- Agent Sales Warning (PDF, 128kb)
- Alcohol Related Advice (Word 24kb)
- Local Neighbourhood (Word 24kb)
- No Drinking in Public Places (PDF, 124kb)
- No Entry under 18s (Word 24kb)
- Offsale on sale (Word, 24kb)
- Outdoor Drinking Area (Word, 24kb)
- Premises Manager Authorisation Notice (Word 24kb)
- Refusals List (Word, 72kb)
- Staff Training Record (PDF, 68kb)
- Toilet and Capacity checks (PDF, 492kb)