May 2007 to April 2012
APPENDIX 1RECOMMENDATION FOR PLANNING APPLICATION REF NO 07/00446/PP
Report Subject/Ref No:07/00446/PP
Department: Legal and Regulatory Services
Appendix Title Appendix 1
Grant subject to the following conditions:-
1. That the roofing material shall be natural or artificial slate, a sample of which shall be submitted for the approval in writing of North Ayrshire Council as Planning Authority prior to the commencement of any works.
2. That the presence of any significant unsuspected contamination which becomes evident during the development of the site shall be brought to the attention of Environmental Health. Thereafter, a suitable investigation strategy, as agreed with North Ayrshire Council, shall be implemented and any necessary remediation works carried out prior to any further development taking place on the site, all to the satisfaction of North Ayrshire Council as Planning Authority.
3. That the screening to all boundaries shall be a mixed hedge of the type specified on the approved landscape drawing 306.01.01a.
4. That all planting, seeding or turfing comprised in the approved details of landscaping shall be carried out in the first planting season and seeding seasons following the occupation of the buildings or the completion of the development, whichever is the sooner; and any trees or plants which, within a period of five years from the completion of the development die, are removed or become seriously damaged or diseased shall be replaced in the next planting season with others of a similar size and species, unless North Ayrshire Council as Planning Authority gives written consent to any variation.
5. That the private treatment plant and soakaway mound shall be installed prior to the commencement of the hotel use
6. That visibility splays shall be provided and maintained on the access of each side. These splays are the triangles of ground bounded on two sides by the first 2.4 metres of the centre line of the access driveway (the set back dimension) and the nearside trunk road carriageway measured 215 metres (the y dimension) in both directions from the intersection of the access with the trunk road. In a vertical plane, nothing shall obscure visibility measured from a driver's eye height of between 1.05 metres and 2.00 metres positioned at the set back dimension to an object height of between 0.26 metres and 1.05 metres anywhere along the y dimension.
7. That the number of bedrooms within the hotel shall not exceed that shown on drawing (PL) 02.
8. That visibility splays of 2.5 metres by 35 metres shall be provided to the north and 2.5 metres by 60 metres to the north on the minor road and maintained on land within the applicant's control, such that there is no obstruction to visibility above a height of 1.05 metre measured above the adjacent carriageway level to the satisfaction of North Ayrshire Council as Planning Authority.
9. That a 2.0 metre wide footway shall be constructed from the hotel entrance to the new footway on the A737 prior to the occupation of hotel.
10. That, prior to the commencement of the use of hotel hereby permitted, the parking provision shall be constructed in accordance with the approved plans.
11. That the self catering flat hereby approved shall not be occupied as permanent residence, nor shall it be occupied for more than 3 consecutive months nor for more than six months in total in any calendar year by the same persons.
12. That, prior to the commencement of the development, the applicant shall submit for the written approval of North Ayrshire Council as Planning Authority, full details of the proposed drainage system.
The reason(s) for the above condition(s) are:-
1. To provide for the screening of the site.
2. To meet the requirements of Environmental Health.
3. In the interest of the visual amenity of the area.
4. To secure the proper completion of the development in the interest of amenity.
5. To maintain control over the development in the interest of amenity.
6. To ensure that drivers of vehicles leaving the site are enabled to see and be seen by vehicles on the trunk road carriageway and join the traffic stream safely.
7. To restrict the development to the terms of its justification/special need.
8. To meet the requirements of North Ayrshire Council as Roads Authority.
9. To meet the requirements of North Ayrshire Council as Roads Authority.
10. To secure the proper completion of the development in the interest of amenity.
11. To maintain control over the development in the interest of amenity.
12. To meet the requirements of the Scottish Environment Protection Agency.